What Is Medicaid Fraud?
Health care service providers doing Medicaid business with the state and federal government may unknowingly cross a line where business becomes fraud. This is not altogether surprising, as the rules and regulations governing Medicaid are extremely complex. At The Law Office of James E. Tyner, I provide aggressive and experienced criminal defense representation for those charged with Medicaid fraud throughout Albany and the surrounding areas.
Our experienced Albany criminal defense lawyer represents medical professionals and health service providers accused of state or federal Medicaid violations, including:
- Doctor and dentists
- Nursing homes
- Health clinics
- Home-care providers
- Transportation providers
If you are arrested or are under investigation for Medicaid fraud, call my office at 518-783-3800 or email me directly immediately.
Avoiding Fraud Charges
Providers of Medicaid-sponsored services often receive seemingly harmless letters or calls from Medicaid fraud investigators. Do not mistake a request for files to be a simple audit. State and federal authorities cracking down on Medicaid abuse could quietly be gathering evidence against you. While you may not even know you violated the law, you can still be charged.
Do not attempt to address these matters on your own. The likelihood of facing criminal charges for Medicaid fraud often comes down to how the case is handled during the initial investigation. Consultation with a skilled attorney is critical. Talk to me before you discuss anything with law enforcement authorities.
What Constitutes Medicaid Recipient Fraud In New York?
- Submitting a false application for Medicaid
- Sharing a Medicaid ID card with someone else in Albany or surrounding areas
- Borrowing another person’s Medicaid Identification card
- Buying or selling someone else’s Medicaid ID card
- Using multiple Medicaid ID cards
- Committing prescription fraud by forging or changing a prescription in Albany
- “Doctor shopping” or “pharmacy shopping” in order to obtain multiple prescriptions and get them filled in various locations
- Reselling items such as prescription drugs or medical supplies that were provided by Medicaid
White-Collar Crime Involving Medicaid
Whether you face claims of overbilling and billing for services never provided, allegations of receiving kickbacks or charges of filing false insurance claims, I know how to protect your rights. I also handle related charges for insurance fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud.
Contact My Albany Office Today
If you are accused of Medicaid fraud and need to speak with an attorney, contact me online or by calling 518-783-3800.