Defend Your College Education From Criminal Charges
Facing criminal charges while in college presents several serious issues that require fast action and an aggressive defense. You may face suspension or expulsion from school and possible fines or jail time, and the potential consequences on your future are just as serious.
Receiving a mark on your criminal record can jeopardize future job opportunities, make it difficult to secure housing and even affect the chance of finishing your degree or pursuing grad school. If you are college student or the parent of a college student who is facing criminal charges, you deserve tough, aggressive representation.
Seek Legal Help After Being Accused Of A Campus Crime
Consult with an attorney before making any statements to anyone — even if you think you’re simply explaining your side of the story. Regardless of whether you’re facing a DWI or accusations of date rape, underage drinking, drug possession, theft or assault, what you say can and will be used against you.
At The Law Office of James E. Tyner, I help college students attending many colleges and universities throughout New York:
- University at Albany (SUNY)
- University of Rochester
- Syracuse University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
- University at Buffalo
- Ithaca College
- Cornell University
- The College of Saint Rose
- Union College
- Siena College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Russell Sage College
- Schenectady County Community College
- Skidmore College
Albany Criminal Defense Lawyer Representing College Students Facing All Criminal Matters
I understand the catastrophic effects a criminal conviction can have on your life. When you’re facing charges that could have a serious impact on your life, you need a serious defense.
I have years of experience representing college students charged with a variety of criminal offenses, including:
- Drug charges such as sale or possession of marijuana, possession or sale of a controlled substance, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia
- Alcohol-related charges, including driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving while ability impaired (DWAI), underage drinking or providing alcohol to minors
- Theft charges such as robbery, burglary and petty larceny
- Possession of a forged instrument, i.e., being caught with a fake ID
- Fight or assault charges
- Date rape statutory rape and other sex offense charges
I know what it takes to get you the best possible outcome in your case. For a free consultation to learn how my firm can assist you with criminal charges, contact The Law Office of James E. Tyner, PLLC, by calling 518-783-3800 or emailing me directly.